I came across this animated Google Doodle and loved it instantaneously!! I have always been a fan of Google Doodles to the point that I wish I had majored in graphic design in college. They are always so creative and contemporary in their ideas. I am so keen on this video because of the message it sends (or at least how I interpret it): the boy is trying so hard to woo the girl but she doesn't acknowledge his attempts until he really pays attention to her and her interests.
(I've never been allured much by red roses and big, white, fluffy stuffed animals but I'd be much courted by simple and personal romantic innovations like Gerber daisies, a peanut butter cupcake or him showing up with my favorite movie ready to watch although he is uninterested in vampires.)
Upon hearing the song featured in this video I couldn't resist looking up the rest of the lyrics and had the thought that Drake's Take Care featuring Rihanna is the 2012 version of Cold, Cold Heart by Tony Bennett. Let me explain: Lyrics in italics are Take Care by Drake featuring Rihanna.
I tried so hard, my dear to show
That you're my every dream
![]() |
| This heart shaped donut from a friend made my day and quenched my chocolate craving. |
Is just some evil scheme
A memory from your lonesome past
I know you've been hurt by someone else
Keeps us so far apart
If you let me, here's what I'll do
Why can't I free your doubtful mind
I'll take care of you
And melt your cold, cold heart.
I've loved and I've lost.
Another love before my time
and you can't sleep thinking he still lies
Made your heart sad and blue
so you cry still, tears all in the pillow case
And so my heart is paying now
pushing me away so I give her space
For things I didn't do
dealing with a heart that I didn't break
In anger unkind words are said
That make the teardrops start
Why can't I free your doubtful mind
You won't ever have to worry,
You won't ever have to hide,
You've seen all my mistakes,
And melt your cold, cold heart
So look me in my eyes.
There was a time when I believed
Can't deny that I want you, but I'll lie if I have to
That you belonged to me
cause you don't say you love me
But now I know your heart is shackled to a memory
even though we both know that you do
The more I learn to care for you
all so convinced that you're following your heart
The more we drift apart
cause your mind don't control what it does sometimes.
Why can't I free your doubtful mind
You hate being alone
And melt your cold, cold heart
You ain't the only one
My mind just couldn't resist the temptation to compare lyrics. The Virgo in me just had to get it on "paper". Cold, Cold Heart is now one of my new favorite songs; and so appropriate for the Google Doodle animation.
Happy Valentine's Day!
You are loved, even if you don't believe it.
If you need some words of inspiration on this Hallmark holiday refer to my blog-mate's post below.
Live*Love*Laugh
xo! Chris

No comments:
Post a Comment