I came into some bitter news early last week,
and then was quickly faced with the acrid reality of it. Add being invaded with a
hindering cold to the mix and I'm left with one LOOOOONG week.
A week {and a half} during which every passing
hour felt like an eternity and the days seemed to have blurred together. For
having had so much time in my hands, it was a very unproductive week.
All of this left me thinking about MY time and
how I {mis}use so much of it.
We struggle to gain control over so many
things, our emotions, the paths we take, the decisions we make, the remote
control and what to watch; it’s all relative.
The point is we struggle to have control over
our lives and then there is this one thing that literally ticks away the years off
of it... And so many of us barely use it to its full potential:
We pick meaningless fights with loved ones,
forgetting our time together is limited.
We indulge in nothingness, depriving ourselves
of all the greatness awaiting our discovery and participation.
We skip class and procrastinate on
assignments, taking for granted the opportunity at knowledge that many only get to dream about.
We deprive ourselves of experiences and a
youth knowing that we walk on a path where tomorrows aren't guaranteed and
headed towards bills, responsibilities and a family of our own.
We let too many days pass us by without
showing the people in our lives how much they mean to us and how much we care.
A month and half into 2012 and almost six
months away from my next birthday,
and I haven't gotten any closer to many of
the things I said I wanted to accomplish.
Sticking to my philosophy, there's no sense in
dwelling with shortcomings, so I won’t.
Instead, I'm revamping those lists and
starting from NOW.
It’s simple really,
"I don't want to forget the present is a gift,
And I don't want to take
for granted the time..."
Tomorrow is promised to be another day in that
acrid reality, but its another day nonetheless and a day closer to putting this behind me. But when {and if} my eyes open tomorrow, I’m
on a self-assigned mission...
The TIME on MY hands.
I'll let you know how that goes. ;-)
Lex {<3}
References:
Lyrics from song by Alicia Keys, “Like
You’ll Never See Me Again.”
Photo's original link.

Reading this made me cry, It reminded that about a week ago I lost a supervisor/role model and how we had to explain to 90 children that he was not coming back. People wonder why I give random hugs and its because I want to make sure my loved ones know that I care. To much time is wasted and I find myself guilty of not using it wisely sometimes. But one thing is for sure those that I love know how special they are to me. tear.
ReplyDelete