Search:

Down the rabbit hole

I was doing my daily blog-read, visiting the usual sites that I follow for that new idea or inspiration. As virtual reading goes, I went from one blog to another to a new one. I landed on one that will surely be added to my personal blogroll. Like this blog, acozykitchen and pinkBASIL began as a collaboration between two friends who have a common interest in food. I don't have the innate skill of knowing what herbs, fruits and meats contribute to an easy and delicious meal. I was touring these new blogs when I found words of inspiration for the day.


I love this quote. I believe this quote. I am this quote. I dabble in all kinds of creative art outlets, not because I think I'm the next Vincent van Gogh or Frida Kahlo (ha!), but because it is exciting to try new things, to give a personal and sentimental gift and because no matter how many tries it takes or how good or bad the final product may be; I enjoyed the process, it rejuvenated my soul and I created* something that day.

Need an example??

Alice down the rabbit hole in England. Big Ben is in the rabbit hole!!
Alice snoozing after pastries and tea in front of a Japanese bathhouse. 


Alice in a snow dune in Russia. Brrrr!!

These are original pieces I did for my admission Design Test to FIT. I wasn't accepted in the end, and I don't blame them, really (competition is fierce). But I am beyond happy with my final product and put so much effort into this project that I am thrilled to know that something still gives me excitement and ignites my passion. I chose to do a window display and my concept was Alice in Wonderland/Down the Rabbit Hole (to England, Japan and Russia). The test and process was proof that sometimes things have to happen for a reason, even if you're unsure of why they did or in that order. For me it became evident that crafting and art is a passion not a career. At least not in the degree seeking kind of way, and at least not for now anyway.

*Create is a broad word that can and should be interpreted differently depending on the person. I create cards, boxes and trinkets of sorts because I flourish on the idea of giving something from the heart. By definition, to create means to cause to come into being, as something unique that would not naturally evolve or that is not made by ordinary processes. The possibilities of what you can create are endlessssss!

Live*Love*Laugh and *Create something everyday. 
xo! Chris 

2 comments:

  1. Nice quote! and Alice in Russia.. Totally cool! .. I love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lex. Alice in Russia is ironically most people's favorite one of the three.

    ReplyDelete