Today I spent the day with 19 funny/giggly/adorable/incredibly
smart 6-7 year olds.
In my eleven years working with kids, I have never had a
dull moment and today was no different.
While enjoying a picnic on this beautiful day, the kids and
I engaged in conversation about random things. Each eager to share their “this
one time” story or their discontent for the lunch mommy packed, when I hear one
of them mention Facebook. Completely instigating what is promised to be a VERY
interesting conversation… “Wait guys, What’s Facebook?”
“WHAT?!” “You don’t know what FACEBOOK is?!” “How OLD are
you?!”
The outrage and clamor was so strong that I almost broke my facade out in laughter.
ME: “What do you mean? I don’t get it… What is it?”
Fighting over loud expressions of hopelessness towards me
and hand raised “Oh-Oh”’s, my smallest boy breaks through and confidently says "It's a BOOK... with FACES!!"
{Teeth being sucked} “No, it’s not!” "Nuh-uh" “That’s not what it is”
{Soft voice breaking through the chatter} “It’s in your
computer!”
“Yeah!” “Yeah” {they've reached a consensus}
ME: Okay, so it’s a BOOK… with faces… that’s in my computer?
{Very opinionated boy} ::Sighs:: Okay Lexia, {as he puts his hand on my knee
and speaks to me patiently} It’s LIKE a book, and it’s in your computer…
{Other excited boy, in between biting his sandwich, loudly
interrupting} “You have to have videos!”
{Girl from a distance} “AND PICTURES!!”
{Very opinionated boy again} “Yeah, it’s like if you wanted
to know how Squidward was doing or what he is up to…even Justin Beiber, because
you’re a girl… you go there.”
{They all pretty much nod and exclaim in agreement}
{the know-it-all girl} “But you have to be a grown-up”
{Her friend..} Yeah, you have to be 18 and up
ME: Wait, Wait.. If you have to be a grown up to have
Facebook, How do you all know about it?!
“DUH, LEXI! EVERYONE KNOWS ABOUT FACEBOOK!”
This made my day, they made my day.
Lex {
♥ }
No comments:
Post a Comment