Search:

SMILE!










It is just that simple. Of course we can not wander the streets and subways of New York with a perpetual smile molded onto our faces. Or take it literally when strangers tell us to do so in passing. But when the day is done, after you have thought, analysed, processed, thought some more, maybe cried or even yelled....then smile. I find this is my life's philosophy without even knowing it. The proof being that I have been told on many occasions that I laugh a lot. I will let you in on a secret: I laugh a lot because it feels good, is an emotional armor and just what comes naturally to me for different feelings. I tend to laugh even when something is not at all funny, maybe even awkward or sad. Most people find it strange or alarming but it is a coping mechanism as well. So in an effort to break my patch of ice here are a few things that make me smile (even if it's only mentally): 


Buying a new book and folding back the cover as I read the first page. 


Arranging things that are aesthetically soothing. 


Making and completing greeting cards for loved ones. 


Capturing a Kodak moment from mundane objects or city-scapes. 


Catching the beginning of a song I'm currently craving to hear on the radio. 


Lying in bed, watching shows I have DVR'd and skipping commercials. 


The warmth of my blanket straight out of the washer then dryer. 


Meeting friends and engaging in an easy flowing but in depth conversation. 


The first cup of tea, coffee or Chai of the day. 


Dancing while envisioning choreography unfold in my mind. 




So whatever has put your smile on pause today, work, school, friends, family or a significant other, think of ten things that make you smile and if you can try to make it happen right now! 


Live, Love, Laugh
Chris 

2 comments:

  1. I tell ppl to smile all day long. I make it part of my job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad, Kalil. It is the little things that will make someone's day. xx Chris

    ReplyDelete