Search:

Antagonize, Pester, Coerce, Torment (BULLY)

this photo embodies what the individual must feel like emotionally.

I've been dubious about what is inevitably going to be my theme of posts this week.
I would waiver the idea of changing the tone of the blog-which right now I feel is whimsical, cheery and at times entertaining (thanks Lexia!)-but the more I thought about it, and the foundation of the blog: to be about life, day to day events and things that affect and inspire us, the more I felt it appropriate to stray (for a week) from what has become the common thread.

Bullying is a subject that is close to my heart, and even though we may not work in schools or with children we need to know that it is very much prevalent today as it was ten years ago. What we have to know and understand about bullying is that often times no one will come forward that they are being bullied or know someone who is; we have to understand there is always a reason why the bully is bullying; therefore we have to help the bully as much as the victim.

Bullying leaves emotional scars on its victims and those are-for lack of better words-the lucky cases. Other cases lead to the victim harming themselves, becoming violent towards others and suicide. A kind word to just the right person can do more than you can imagine.

CHANGE.ORG is petitioning for this new and raw documentary film to receive a PG-13 rating so school-aged children can see a film that could potentially change their behavior and outlook on life and their peers. You can advocate and virtually sign this petition here.
I hope you will see this movie. I know it may be uncomfortable at times but that is the raw and realistic perspective I am looking forward to seeing.


Live*Love*Laugh*Change
xoxo! Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment