Search:

French Moons



In an effort to recreate the chic half moon nail style I managed to contrive a hybrid of the two. Starting a little further than the 'half moon' point (the natural half moon whiteness of your nail) and having the 'moon' appear less rounded at the sides, created more of an extended french manicure look-with a twist!





I'm loving the colors together: black and silver, and the aesthetic appeal of the color blocking. A third color towards the top would even be cool for a fun, innovative look.

I will be honest, I didn't try to free-hand this, even though it did cross my mind-I had the foresight to know better. Lacking paper reinforcements I searched (and searched) my apartment for the next best thing....tape!











Not sure if you can make it out in the photo but I cut strips of tap and taped them down horizontally across my nails-after the first color was polished. I painted over the tape and the nails with the second color and let them dry for about 6 minutes. The bonus to the tape was less clean up on the cuticles.










Voilá!
French Moons!



Living*Loving my French Moon nails* Laughing

xoxo! Chris 

No comments:

Post a Comment