Search:

A {squared} = A guestbook for two


'I’ve been gone for a minute, now I’m back at the jump off…'
Stay with me, this’ll be fast like a slight cough! {Oh! }

Okay, so I’m no Lil’ Kim {Can’t blame me for trying though! J }, but in all seriousness that WAS the soundtrack, or one-liner that accompanied my thoughts as I started this post.  It’s been a while, I know, BUT I promise I was living in what I deem a very blog worthy few weeks, AND I promise to share. {Pinky promise! }

At the risk of sounding like a tease, I just wanted to stop by to share a few pictures of a not-so-recently completed {yet finally delivered} project:

It’s a mini-album style guestbook for a 2nd birthday party celebration for two of the sweetest twin girls I know, Alana and Alaina.


Thinking I was clever, and struggling with the limited space, I chose to keep the title simple: A2
A play on the fact that there are two of them, their names begin and end with the letter “A” and that they were turning 2.  







It was a Dora the Explorer and Ni-hao, Kailan themed party. Very colorful and super sweet.












I tried to give the book a sense of individuality within its uniformity. It was in fact ONE party for TWO very different personalities.












I helped their Mami plan and decorate the party {and had an awesome time doing so, I absolutely LOVE planning events! } and helped their Papi host, so in between all the busy work, I managed to get ZERO pictures of the event.







Except for this one {cut off} picture of the cake!!
This was the bakery's interpretation of my {very specific}design.













But it’s okay, there HAS to be pictures somewhere {Note to self: STALK those pictures!! }.  And this guestbook was fun {and easy} to make:

I had a template which I used as stencil; I cut the two cover sheets out of thick chipboard for sturdiness {and covered them with paper to fit the theme} and used regular slightly girly and exceedingly colorful and happy themed card-stock.  Made two holes with a regular paper whole puncher and used two 1-inch rings to bind it.







Because of time constraints, the guestbook at the party was solely the pages bound by the rings and guests signed it to their liking. It wasn’t until later that I added extra pages and embellished around their messages. 










{Which I must say wasn’t the easiest thing in the world, because some guests had pretty large handwriting or somehow couldn’t figure out which way was upright.}











All in all, I was very pleased with the end result, and their Mami “loved loved loved the book!”






::Phew:: With all that said, I bid you adieu my lovelies...

but please.. "Don't cry for me Argentinaaaaaaaaaaaaa..."
{I swear, its my mental shuffle button! It gives Pandora competition! }

Live Creatively!

Lexia { ♥ }



No comments:

Post a Comment