Search:

40 days and 40 nights

Easter bunny sack treats for my co-workers (Easter 2011)


Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday which unofficially marks the beginning of Lent. Although I haven't been to mass or received an ash on my forehead since college, I still honor the tradition of Lent to the best of my ability. It has become more of a spiritual journey for me, sacrificing something for myself, to test my will-power and determination. Kind of like an emotional cleansing.

One year I gave up chocolate, which was no easy feat. One year I considered giving up Facebook and chose something else instead. Today, giving up that same thing wouldn't be much of a challenge at all.

Last year's Easter card and treats for my padres
Maybe instead of giving something (tangible) up, I will focus on giving myself more of something I so desperately need like more water, a better sleep schedule, more time reading/studying, more creative projects, more time to get ready in the morning or more prep time for school work (aka procrastination), in an effort to give up bad habits.

As the 40 days and nights pass, we get closer to Easter. And the joyous side of Easter is dying eggs, chocolate bunnies and plenty of treats and cool crafts.

What will you give up?

Live*Love*Laugh
xo! Chris


No comments:

Post a Comment