I always feel intimidated when it comes to making cards for men. I become overwhelmed by the idea and of thinking of what to make that will appeal to them. Friends have disagreed, and encouraged me to go for it. So here is my second male inspired card to date! (The first was for my dad.)
The card is for my brother-in-law who is a fan of Tottenham (an English football team). I drew the Tottenham logo in my sketch pad, adhered it to the card, and glued a balloon down so that it looks like the mascot is giving it to him. I'm quite pleased with my final product. I just wish Tottenham's colors were a bit more exciting, like yellow and red. I found some chants online that Tottenham fans use at games and managed to think of a witty way to include a few lines in my birthday note. Feeling pleased and productive!!Live*Love*Laugh
xo! Chris


Hey, Lex here... quick question.. what is that blue effect on the card? .. is that chalking? or a water mist?.. I'm curious :-)
ReplyDeleteNice card by the way, I'm sure Scott loved it!
;-)
Hey Lex,
ReplyDeleteIt's a bubbling technique I learned from a craft book. It's a mixture of dish washing soap, baking soda and food coloring. After I mix the three I make bubbles with a straw and let it touch ever so lightly on the card.